Woodland Hills, CA

My mil has high bp.aftr medication her bp is 160.she is 76years.lil swelling on her face & head is heavy.what can we do!

Dr. Leonard Stein
Insuffic information: To answer need know all medications, Renal Status (Serum Creatinine). Could take an hour or more for oral meds to take full effect. Swelling on Head and face suggests blocked venus return or renal insuff. She needs to be taken to see an internist.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Need more informatio: We do not have enough information to advice you. She is on BP meds and her BP(probably systolic) is still 160 and that is high.She has swelling of the face which may may be related to kidney condition. Heavy head may be due to high BP.I suggest you make an appt with his doctor and get her examined and do blood&urine tested for kidney functions and metabolic profile and EKG&Echocardiogram if indi

Last updated Dec 15, 2015