MO

i'm an alcoholic though i've finally stopped. i developed alcoholic neuropathy in my feet, but have never had the courage to discuss my condition with my doctor for fear of repercussions from insurance companies after being labeled an alcoholic. my ques

Dr. Ilene Ruhoy
Neurology 21 years experience
See your doctor: If you do have insurance and a neuropathy, your past use of alcohol should not play a role. There should be no repercussions and you should seek care for your symptoms as there are some potential treatment that may improve the discomfort of your neuropathy.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Still need Tx.: The fact that this may have come about from your drinking does not mean that treatment is not justified. You deserve to be diagnosed and treated properly. Discuss this with your doctor freely and get a diagnostic and treatment plan.