TX

why is my jaw locked i didn't even open my mouth that much i was just eating pizza i don't understand?

Dr. Curt Dill
Specializes in Emergency Medicine
TMJ dislocation: If your mouth is stuck open your mandible may have slipped out of joint just forward of your ears. You may be able to put if back by pressing down on your rear lower back teeth while extending your chin forward. If not any ED can put it back in quickly. Good luck.
Dr. William Hunt
Dentistry 43 years experience
TMD disc: The TMJ (tempromandibular mandibular joint) has a disc that moves with the head of the mandible as it functions. This disc can slip off the head of the condyle causing the jaw to lock. Either open or closed. It sounds like you have had a problem in the past with this occurring while opening wide. Since this can progress, you should have this evaluated by your dentist.