FL

hysteroscopy d&c 5 weeks ago benign pathology on 100 mg progesterone daily thru month got period it's heavy so what else can i do for thick lining ?

Dr. Matthew Parker
Take a break: Progesterone causes the lining of the uterus to build up tissue. During reproductive years, the progesterone level falls at the end of the cycle, initiating a "period", which causes the sloughing of this thickened lining so the process can repeat. If you take progesterone all the time, though, bleeding can develop when the lining is too thick. I recommend stopping the progesterone for a week or 2.