San Jose, CA

do some viruses produce more mucus in lungs than others? i very rarely get fluid in lungs but got it this time. 3 weeks & counting. i feel fine tho.

Dr. Ajay Acharya
Yes..: Viruses, your immune system, environment all matter. Hx of asthma, smoking , workplace chemical will prolong recovery time.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Acharya is perfectly correct. Not just workplace chemicals, either. Fragrances and aerosols of any type can prolong symptoms and are felt to be responsible for the worldwide increase in asthma, since smoking and air pollution are decreasing. See http://www.who.int/ceh/capacity/Indoor_Air_Pollution.pdf
Dec 17, 2015
Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
General Practice 51 years experience
Post nasal drip: is probably what you are trying to say. It could be caused by virus , allergy, sinus infections , irritant etc. If you are feeling fine your lungs are probably not involved otherwise you would be sicker and put down your symptoms. See an ent doctor to start with. If turn out to be something else you will be referred to other specialist.