U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old female asked:

I have this pain after eating. sharp, gaseous, burning. left abdomin into lower left abdomin. do i need to seek medical help right away?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 60 years experience
Pain after: eating may mean a GASTRITIS or GASTRIC ULCER..but a NUMBER of Gastrointestinal issues may be the "culprit"! Yes you should seek medical help as soon as practicable although not on an "emergent" basis unless the pain does not go away! You will need a GI "workup" which will most likely take a while to complete. In the meantime OTC ANTACIDS may help as well as H-2 blocker (eg PEPCID) Good Luck Z

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 5, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.