my gums got bruised my teeth don't hurt anymore unless touched my gum is badly bruised it's a slight purple what should i do?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
See your Dentist: Allow you Dentist, a trained professional, to evaluate the extent of your injuries and prescribe the appropriate course of treatment.
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
Dentistry 51 years experience
Bruised gums: See your dentist and have your wound evaluated. There may be fractures or damage to the teeth, gums and bone.
Dr. Justin Nelson
Pediatric Dentistry 16 years experience
Stop touching them: 1) stop touching them 2) start a warm salt rinse to soothe them 3) take some IBU (600mg, 3x200 tabs) to help decrease inflammation 4) stick to softer foods till them feel not bruised
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
See a dentist ASAP: If you have pain in your gums, it may be a sign that you are at risk for or already have gum infection. Gingivitis is a serious problem, which should be checked by a dentist. Do not delay and call your DDS for exam and treatment.