GA

So i fell down the stairs at my mother's house, and i heard my bones crack and pop in my right foot. is it sprained or broken? it hurts when i walk.

Dr. Jordan Steinberg
Podiatry 14 years experience
Foot injury: The only way to know if you sprained or fractured a bone in your foot is to have an x-ray taken. You should see a podiatrist for evaluation as soon as possible.
Dr. Rick Pospisil
Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
Can also see an orthopaedic surgeon
Dec 2, 2015
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
Ankle Trauma: If you fell down the stairs and heard a loud pop in your ankle, go and visit your doctor. Doctors use the Ottawa ankle rules to determine who needs an x-ray after ankle trauma. If you were unable to bear weight immediately after your injury and you are unable to bear weight in the emergency room, you will get x-rays. Read about strains here:http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00150
Dr. Lorry Melnick
Podiatry 45 years experience
Get a X-ray: If you heard a crack and you can not put a lot of weight on your foot. If your foot iis bruised and swollen, it would be prudent to get your foot X-rayed to see if you fractured your foot.

Last updated Dec 10, 2015