what to do if i heard that drinking too much cocacola causes kidney stones?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Veeraish Chauhan
14 years experience Nephrology and Dialysis
Theoretically: Coca cola has phosphoric acid. This could theoretically cause the phosphorus and the acidity level in the urine to increase, both of which are risk factors for certain kinds of kidney stones. Some studies have looked at it as well: http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pubmed/10092157.
Answered on Mar 9, 2015
4
44 years experience Pathology
Folklore: Your body generates a huge amount of phosphoric acid just from burning food. I've read a few of these articles & the authors overlooked this. Any retrospective study is fraught with pitfalls (people with an illness tend to remember things that they are told may have caused it -- the basis for a huge number of "health news" items). Enjoy us soft drink -- water quenches thirst cheaper & < calories.
Answered on Apr 8, 2013
1