I'm on depo provera (medroxyprogesterone) and I was a week late to take my next shot so now I feel like I have pregnancy symptoms. could I be pregnant? I'm also breastfeed

Dr. Roger Duvivier
46 years experience in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Risk is very small: A combination of persistent on-demand around the clock breastfeeding and injection of 150 mg of Depo-Provera every 12 to 14 weeks is a very effective way of preventing pregnancy and your risk would seem very small. (1 to 2 % perhaps) but not zero. A blood betaHCG test would provide you reassurance and peace of mind. Be safe; check.
Answered on Nov 20, 2015
1