Pine Bluff, AR

are stress headaches, anxiety headaches, and tension headaches all the same? if not what is the difference?

Dr. Shatha Atiya
Clinical Psychology 16 years experience
YES: ANXIETY CAUSES STRESS TO YOUR SYSTEM THAT CAN LEAD TO TENSION HEADACHE. THEY ARE ALL RELATED. RELAXATION TECHNIQUES CAN HELP IN ALL SITUATIONS.
Dr. Zach Patrick
Emergency Medicine 13 years experience
Yes: They all refer to the mechanics of what causes the headache. It is usually due to a tightening of the muscles of the neck where they attach to the back of your head. This "tension" builds over time and hurts. The muscles along the side of your head are attached as well and this is why the headache starts in the back and moves forward usually.