ZA

I started loosing my hair at 14 and its still the same now and im 17 now but only my dad is bald no one else in my family and my moms dad isnt bald?

Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Alopecia: You got half your genes from your Dad and half from your Mom. Talk to him about how he survived teenage hood as a bald guy. You can get a toupee or hair transplant. Speak to a dermatologist. At least you know that they didn't exchange you for another kid in the nursery. I think they say bald is beautiful. Some women are turned on by a glistening pate. Use it to your advantage and make yr friends j
Dr. Daniel Saurborn
Diagnostic Radiology 23 years experience
It is very unusual : for a teen to lose his hair at so young an age. You should see a dermatogist to be certain that you don't have another reason for hair loss such as a fungal infection or non-androgenic alopecia. If you DO have MPB, then starting medications early will help slow or stop your hair loss. Consider a HealthTap Concierge visit for more personal advice.

Last updated Nov 11, 2015