I am an expat in China anx found out yesterday that I have a kidney infection and a 5.4mm stone. In broken English theh said no problem. They gave me an antibiotic for the infection. I am worried about the size of the stone. My mom has had three and she s

Dr. Andrea Rodgers
27 years experience in Emergency Medicine
Infection?: A 5.4mm stone has about a 50% passage rate. My concern is that you said you had an infection. Any obstructive kidney stone with an infection needs to be treated immediately. If you have a fever, are vomiting, or continued pain be seen asap.
Answered on Mar 22, 2020