TX

I'm having sharp chest pains on my right side when coughing. i was sick last week with a fever, body aches, and a mild cold. had the problem since.

Dr. John cuong Doan
You may have: popped a rib, or intercostal muscle between the ribs, when you coughed too hard. This happens fairly frequently, and it will a couple of weeks to heal. Try to take some ibuprofen 200-400 mg 2-3 times a day for a few days and see if things improve. If not, then you need to see a healthcare provider to help properly diagnose and treat. Thanks for trusting in HealthTap.

Last updated Oct 23, 2015