hi im soon to be having an operation to remove my gallbladder as it is full of stones and making me very poorly. during an ultra sound scan a shadow was found on the tail end of my pancreas and liver. iv only just turned 28 what could this be please?

Dr. Andrew Seibert
34 years experience Gastroenterology
Not enough info: Without seeing the actual ultrasound or at least the ultrasound report, it would be difficult to figure out what is meant by a "shadow" in your pancreas or liver. It is possible that they could have meant that you have a stone in your bile duct, but your surgeon will be sure to check for that in the proper setting. If you have the report itself, consider a consult on HealthTap Prime or Concierge.
Answered on Oct 17, 2015