FL

the dental specialist and restorative dentist wants me to make the decision between a cemented implant vs. a screw implant crown. huh? what to do?

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
Pain Management 36 years experience
Complex Decision: The cement-retained crowns are finer for aesthetics and occlusion. The screw-retained crowns are a necessity for multiple units requiring future retrievability. Therefore, deciding which crown to use is best done on individual needs.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Decisions, decisions: I would strongly recommend that you have your restorative dentist chose what is best for your mouth. If you choose, you will be taking the responsibility for the success or failure of the prosthesis and implant.
Dr. Kayvon Javid
Dentistry 20 years experience
Screw retained: Screw retained is always a better choice. Cement retain should only be used when there are limitations and or for esthetic considerations.