according to my lmp, i was 4.5 weeks when my hcg came back at 634. 2 days later it was 1975 (just shy of 5 weeks). when i should have been 6 weeks 2 days i went for an ultrasound which showed a 5 week 4 day empty gestational sac. do you think this is a

2 doctor answers
Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
34 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Repeat US: in 7-10 days
Answered on Feb 16, 2016
Dr. John cuong Doan
Hard to say: from this info if there is miscarriage (my guess as to what your question is about). Do you have symptoms of miscarriage (bleeding, lower abdominal pain/cramping, some nausea, feeling that something is wrong)? Ultrasounds in the first trimester are notorious for having false negative and inaccurate gestational age results, but by 8-10 weeks the accuracy improves remarkably. Another ultrasound?
Answered on Sep 25, 2017
1