my teeth bleeding.. some times .. eating , brushing time.. for few months .... please help me ...my gum sweling some times ...

3 doctor answers
Dr. Dan Fisher
See doc: Gum disease or low platelets is often the culprit. See your doc.
Answered on Apr 7, 2013
1
Dr. Robert Olsen
50 years experience Psychiatry
Also medications, vitamin deficiency, and infections.
Apr 7, 2013
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
35 years experience Dentistry
Gum disease: This sounds like a classic case of gum, or periodontal, disease. This means you have an infection in your gums tissues and brushing in not enough to treat this. You need to see a dentist foe and evaluation and treatment.
Answered on Apr 7, 2013
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Gum Disease likely: The most likely cause of bleeding gums is poor oral hygiene which results in inflammation and infection to the gums and supporting tissues of your teeth. The longer it persists, the more damage and the harder to treat back to a healthy state. There are also, although less likely, medical reasons for bleeding gums. See a general dentist or periodontist for an evaluation.
Answered on Apr 7, 2013