NM

i just lost my wife of 35 years to cancer. we had a wonderful sex life .and i miss that. i would like to know if it is immoral that i want to have sex?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 30 years experience
Grief & libido: I am sorry for your loss. Please make sure you have someone with whom to share your grief eg counselor, psychologist, religious leader, etc. The fact that your libido (sex drive) remains high suggests that you're otherwise very healthy, which is a good thing. While your religious leader should address issues of morality, please know that it's perfectly normal for 59yo men to want to engage in sex.

Last updated Sep 27, 2015