U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old male asked:

I have a ear infection on my left ear it's like a big pimple i had it for a year now so what's the best way to get it healed?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Elliot Lach
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
Infected ear cyst: Recurrent infected pimples of the ear are likely cysts. Occasionally they are just present without infection however if they cause pain, have redness or drain, they are best surgically removed or at a minimum surgically opened and drained.
Dr. Rajesh Kumar
Pediatrics 49 years experience
See Doctor: The fact that the 'ear infection' has been there for 1 year, the 'pimple' should be seen by your doctor to determine what it is. A 'pimple' that long probably is something else especially if it is not painful. Get yourself examined before a treatment can be recommended.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 10, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.