NY

Today i had a sudden onset of sharp pain from my lower abdomin to my pelvic. sitting, pressure to urine make it worse. should i go to the er?

Dr. Glenn Burns
Emergency Medicine 19 years experience
Probably: Sudden onset of abdominal pain with radiation to the pelvis can be many things. For females of child bearing age, we worry about things like ectopic pregnancy (which is an emergency), kidney stones, appendicitis and ovarian torsion;but it can be something benign things like gas. If there is any chance you are pregnant, the pain worsens or you develop new symptoms you should go to the ER.

Last updated Jul 3, 2020