United Kingdom

I've sprained my ankle for the second time in a year. is this going to continue to happen? is it possible i've weakened my ankle?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
It's possible: You want to try and figure out why it happened. For example, many times your shoe could of worn down on the outer portion.....if it was an accident like stepping in a pothole or something well accidents do happen. Try and strengthen your peroneal muscles.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
All flannel aside.: Probably, unless you take preventive action. Have you ankle evaluated and begin a regimen of strengthening exercises. Great shoes, an ounce of awareness and good luck will help.

Last updated Sep 17, 2015