OH

Why does my jaw painfully pop out of place when i open my mouth wider than usual i had 3 fillings on my lower left back teeth about 3-4 weeks ago?

Dr. John DeWolf
Dentistry 40 years experience
TMD: Also known as tempero mandibular dysfunction is a condition in which a piece of cartilage between your lower jaw and the base of your skull slips out of position when you try to open. Get it evaluated quickly to see if conservative treatment can help it to resolve. A combination of compress application, physical therapy, exercises, and bite splints may be suggested. Don't delay!
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
TMJ syndrome: Temporo-mandibular syndrome is the second most frequent cause of orofacial pain after dental pain. Headache, earache, popping noise, neck pain and jaw pain are the common symptoms. Proper diagnosis is the key to successful treatment. See Orofacial Pain practitioner for a consultation and treatment options.

Last updated Oct 7, 2015