U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old female asked:

Sharp pain/cramp in my foot when i walk. ive been walking a lot in flip flops but its only one foot and rest of my leg hurts too. what do i do?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Georgia Latham
Family Medicine 35 years experience
Wear shoes which: provide good support consistently for a while. Elevate your foot that hurts above the level of your heart at night (by placing a couple pillows under it), and whenever possible during day. Try taking NSAID, such as ibuprofen or naproxen for the pain. If the pain resolved, then you can try wearing flip-flops again and see if it recurs.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 5, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.