Denver, CO

I have mono but doctors say my spleen is not enlarged. can i still do light activity such as light work on elliptical?

Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
You should ask your: own doctor,since she/he knows you best.The answer also depends on when you were diagnosed.The biggest risk in mono is injury to the spleen,which is more likely when it is enlarged,and most commonly occurs earlier in the illness. So, just being on the ellyptical is not a problem.However, if you fell and injured your abdomen, your spleen could be injured,especially if your spleen becomes enlarged.

Last updated Sep 1, 2015