how long do veneers often last? i have heard that over 20 years.

Dr. John Van der Werff
Dentistry 39 years experience
Yes: Every situation is different.. But they can last 20 years or longer. Composit veneers will not last as long.. But I have seen porcelain veneers still look good after 20 years.
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Cosmetic Dentistry 35 years experience
It varies...: It is possible for veneers to last over 20 years. This is dependent upon the condition of the teeth, the expertise of the dentist, and the care and management of the veneers by the patient.
Dr. April Ziegele
Cosmetic Dentistry 24 years experience
Possible: As with all dentistry, the longevity depends upon the strength of the material and the care of it. The most common cause of problems is a cavity around the edges of the crown, veneer, or filling. Flossing, brushing and regular professional cleanings are important in the longevity of your dental work.