are there cures to cancer, diabetes, aids, and sickle cell anemia outside of the fda?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Clarence Grim
56 years experience Endocrinology
"Cures" non FDA: If there were we would have all heard about them and they would be widely published. So that I am aware of. I recommend going to Uptodate, the online medical text book I use and review for yourself. I never bet my patient's life on things not approved by FDA.
Answered on Aug 27, 2015
45 years experience Pediatrics
No: We rely the FDA to help keep out the "snake oil" cures offered by those who would otherwise prey on the desperate public. Somewhat like the testing lab for your toaster, whose approval assures you that you won't get electrocuted or burn your house down if you use it. The folks that complain the FDA is keeping cures from you are usually ready to sell you something.BEWARE
Answered on Aug 28, 2015