Houma, LA

i was diagnosed with celiac disease and am trying to find out if my daily medications are gluten free. i take propranolol, synthroid, (thyroxine) and lactulose. ?

Dr. Lee Marcus
Cardiology 31 years experience
Pharmacist: Your pharmacist would be an excellent source for this information. Good luck!!
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Fortunately, unless you have gluten ALLERGY, the amount of gluten that might be in your pills. The take home is: continue your meds as prescribed until you get the answers you seek!
Aug 27, 2015
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Most likely: I am not aware of any drugs with gluten added intentionally. If anything , corn starch is more likely to be used. You can always contact the manufacturers if concerned but I think the likelihood of gluten in drugs is extremely low.
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Contact your pharmacist they are experts
Aug 27, 2015