Dallas, TX
A 55-year-old male asked about a member:

I have severe allergiesthat cause me to go into anaphlaxis shock. i'm being treated , but shots cause me to have flu like symtons, with shortness of b?

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 24 years experience
Talk to Allergist: They should not be causing symptoms, unless you are on a very fast climb in dose upward due to the nature of your allergies (which is uncommon). Talk to your allergist about your symptoms asap.
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 29 years experience
Allergies: You are reacting to your shots and developing mild allergic reactions to them, you need to inform your treating allergist about this, as it can be potentially serious and they may want to have you on other medications with the shots to prevent such reactions.

Last updated Aug 14, 2013