Does blood stay up in vagina after period over? Was having brown discharge ending period, in shower used powerful stream inside vagina now light blood

Dr. Warren Wolfe
57 years experience in Family Medicine
Not necessarily: In the normal state of things menstrual fluid will find it's way out. I don't think it wise to put a forceful steam of water into the vagina. Let nature "do its thing". The brown discharge is most likely old menstrual blood. Also at your age I hope that you are seeing your family physician or your OB/GYN periodically for routine PAP smears.
Answered on Feb 7, 2016
1