I have been on bc for 2 years. And i have had sex the last two weeks, and i am bleeding a brown color 1 week before my placebo pill. what could this b?

Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
50 years experience in General Practice
Breakthrough: bleeding. It sounds like breakthrough bleeding which occurs when you have bleeding at unscheduled times while on the pill. Frequently things get back to normal the next cycle. If not then schedule a visit to discuss changing bcp or changing birth control method. I hope this helps. If you still have any concern about this contact me on my Virtual Practice at www.healthtap.com/dryetimyan
Answered on Aug 19, 2015