U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

I have strabismus.... one of my eyes go out occasionally and i am able to get them back aligned but it gives me headaches. therapy or surgery?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Michel
Family Medicine 46 years experience
Either may help: YOu have not mentioned your age. This will have bearing on it if you are too young. If you are over 15 - 18 you should ask your opthalmologist. If you are able to keep it in most of the time I would try therapy first to avoid surgery . Best wishes.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 17, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.