LB
A 30-year-old female asked about a male:

I am giving my baby 7 months old nexium (esomeprazole) because he has reflux causing cough for him when should he get benefit from this medecine?

Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
You will know: The point of the medicine is to have the child secrete less acid into the stomach. It is also important when you are feeding the infant to have him in an as upright position as you possibly can. Remember his problem is that he is regurgitating food from his stomach against gravity. If he is lying on his back that is much easier than if he is upright. In addition, most kids outflow from stomach is
Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Provided original answer
(Continued) on the right hand side from the child's perspective. So hold the child so that his right side is aimed towards the floor. That way gravity will help empty stomach contents into small intestine. Once there he will probably not regurgitate it.
Aug 17, 2015

Last updated Aug 17, 2015