U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
South Africa
A 19-year-old female asked:

Recently i developed a burning blister type of skin rash on my calf.. reddened and very sore (burning) feeling i also have blisters on my 1 hand palm.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 56 years experience
Not clear: This sounds like shingles, but it could be another type of blistering rash. This is something which you need to take to your physician and maybe a dermatologist just to let them clarify what this rash is. There are different types of herpes virus and there's also some blistering forming illnesses that need to be clarified

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 17, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.