GA
A male asked:

i have been bleeding for a week do to a tooth extraction. the bleeding is mostly when i wake up and am still in pain .what should i do?

Dr. Andrew Killgore
Cosmetic Dentistry 16 years experience
Go back: Sometimes food particles can get into extraction sites which can delay healing and cause a little post-extraction bleeding. Usually a gentle rinse with an irrigation syringe will flush out the debris and the area can start healing.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
This is not normal: If you’re still bleeding for a week after tooth extraction, I suggest you visit your dentist ASAP to rule out underlying complications. Do not delay.