my toenail just fell off because of fungus or eczema. do i need to bandage it? or what should i do?

Dr. Scott Keith
43 years experience Podiatry
More of the Same.: There are many reasons for a toenail to fall off, including a fungal infection. As long as there is no bleeding or drainage, fine. Leave it uncovered. A new nail will replace it in time. The question is though, just what will the new one look like ? What state of health will it have? More than likely, the new nail will have the same problem that the old one has. Best to have it looked at.
Answered on Aug 10, 2015