10yr old fractured tibia and fibia and cast just removed. X-ray still shows fracture in fibia and it's not aligned. Doc said it will correct itself. Now in walking boot. Can I use the boot for 2weeks then put her into a stabilizing ankle brace until the f

Dr. Siatta Dunbar
9 years experience in Sports Medicine
Fractured fibula: should be cared for as directed by your physician such as using the walking boot for the full recommended length of time. Based on information you provided can't give additional advice because I don't know when the fracture took place, where in the tibia/fibula it is and how displaced the fracture is. This type of injury really needs to be seen and followed in an office setting.
Answered on Sep 12, 2015
1
1
Dr. Siatta Dunbar
9 years experience in Sports Medicine
Provided original answer
Thank you for the additional information and based on the fracture location I would continue to follow your doctors recommendations and in-office visits/exams.
Aug 7, 2015