is the medicine neosporin safe to use on calcium deposits? we used it recently on same "wound" and it seemed to help release the deposit. now it is a

Dr. Louise Andrew
45 years experience Emergency Medicine
Calcium deposit???: On wound? I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by this. Neosporin is an antibiotic that can help prevent infection in wounds, but I don't think that it has any effect on calcium, and I can't think what is meant by calcium deposit on wound? Did you perhaps mean a "scab" (which is not calcium, but coagulated serum and dead cells)? That is a good biologic dressing and should not be removed.
Answered on Jun 12, 2016
1