TX

I am breastfeeding and am getting a uti. i can'tsee my dr. until monday. i came across cystex cranberry urinary health complex liquid. is this safe?

Dr. Hushang Haghighat
Specializes in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
ER: Go to emergency to have urine test and culture and start you on antibiotic if there is evidence of UTI, you should not wait to see your doctor.
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Cranberry juice: Cranberry juice has been known to acidify the urine and minimize some urinary tract infection symptoms. Over the counter pyridium (phenazopyridine) does the similar things and will turn your urine orange. Neither of these tow methods will eliminate the UTI so see your MD ASAP.
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Cranberry juice is: The best (no high-fructose) cranberry juice is good enuf and safe till Monday! Also, lts of good plain water. I never heard of the item you name, but I know these things are likely to be sufficient! Best.