TX

i got 4 wisdom teeth removed on wednesday at 130 pm. it is now saturday at 7 pm. is it okay to smoke? also can i eat normal foods?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
You can already: eat regular food and smoke, but I strongly recommend you don't. Smoking may cause multiple health complications that can range from mild to life-threatening (e.g emphysema, cancer, ED and etc.) It's a good time to quit.
Dr. Robert Sterling
Exception:1Cohiba/wk: No, after you've had four wisdom teeth removed you can't smoke. Ever. And don't whine about it. You've gotten this far, keep going. Cheaper, healthier, better for the environment and your breath and teeth and the air of those near and dear to you. Progress with the food, see how it goes, just be careful, start softer (cooked veggies,etc) and save the rib eye for a week or two.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
Yes and No: Smoking is up to you.By now the clots should be formed well enough that the risk of sucking them out is less, but still exists.Food is another issue as particles can lodge in the still not yet healed sockets, destroy the clot and you will end up with a dry socket and 2-3 weeks of soreness and aggravation. I would give it a few more days . Eggs, pancakes, mashed potatoes,applesauce, yogurt,PB/J,etc
Dr. Daniel Quon
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 42 years experience
No and Yes: The risk for a dry socket may be present during the first five days following the removal of teeth. Smoking during that time frame may increase your risk of developing a dry socket . You may eat normal food as soon as you can tolerate it.