TX

I had a total hysterectomy in 2012. my doctor left one ovary which has cysts. i had one rupture earlier today. i am in severe pain and have nausea.

Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
A ruptured cyst: A ruptured cyst can cause a lot of pain by putting just a little blood in your abdomen. The pain then gradually resolve as the blood is absorbed. However, you can continue bleeding and the pain may even increase. In either case, you need to see your GYN to evaluate the situation and help with pain control. The GYN can also discuss with you ways to keep this from happening again. Hope this helps.

Last updated Jun 4, 2018