i keep getting a stabbing pain in my vagina. last time i had this pain was in labor with my youngest child. i am not currently pregnant. is this norma?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
No: Pain is generally your body's way of telling you that something is wrong and is seldom normal. You need a full history, exam, and appropriate testing to help fiqure out what is causing the stabbing pain in your vagina and how to fix it. Hope this helps and you feel better fast.
Answered on Jul 17, 2015
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Vaginal pain: Could be infection there are bacteria in our vagina and sometimes they overgrow and cause infection, like mycoplasma ureoplsma, BV, even yeast. Is there a discharge odor? Could also be referred pain from sciatica( may go away in a day) or referred from ovarian issues or even mittleschemerz (pain when ovulation occurs-resolves in 1-2 d ). Would chekc HCG if sexually active, and F/u with doc
Answered on Jul 17, 2015