lung cancer concern - 33 pk yr smoker. short of breath, wheezing, sweats, non-stop coughing & phlegm especially in morning. low dose ct? 47 y/o.

43 years experience Pathology
This is very serious: You need to do whatever it takes to stop smoking now. Otherwise this is your whole future. I doubt you have lung cancer, or that screening saves many lives, but nowadays who gets screened with low-dose CT is politics and you should accept if offered. You may have an acute infection, even pertussis. An antitrypsin level may be in order though with any result smoking cessation is imperative.
Answered on Jul 16, 2015
1
1
43 years experience Pathology
Provided original answer
Thanks for getting back with me. Be strong, and think how much your life means to those who love you.
Jul 16, 2015