Have hemroids and bleeding in my stool can laxatives work for me since I'm constipated ?

Dr. Julie Abbott
44 years experience in Preventive Medicine
Constipation and: hemorrhoid management work together. Increasing fiber--whole grain bread/cereal, fruits and veggies--generous water intake and more exercise should help regularity. OTC creams or suppositories can improve the pain/symptoms of hemorrhoids and stop the bleeding. You should only use them about a week. If bleeding persists, see doc for eval and possible rubber band ligation or injection of hemorrhoid
Answered on Sep 18, 2017

Have health concerns or questions and need access to a doctor? HealthTap has you covered.