my body and mind feel tired, stomachs in knots, my heads dizzy and i keep worrying about everything. i can't sleep without racing thoughts.. can anxiety seriously make you feel like this all day?

4 doctor answers
Dr. John Goldman
55 years experience Rheumatology
Stress yes: yes stress can do this you can discuss this with your physician and get the appropriate consoling to help you cope with this
Answered on Apr 28, 2016
Dr. Patricia Foster
44 years experience Psychiatry
Yes: Ask your pcp for a referral to a therapist or psychiatrist for an evaluation. Don't delay. An untreated anxiety disorder often leads to isolation and depression. Anxiety is treatable. I hope you take that step as soon as possible. Great you asked here for help. Good luck.
Answered on Apr 28, 2016
Dr. Andrew Berry
14 years experience Clinical Psychology
Therapy?: Have you yet tried any form of psychotherapy? Typically, the optimal combination of things to treat emotional issues such as depression is medication (which, on your best day, is supposed to take the edge off symptoms) but the real gruntwork takes place in psychotherapist's consulting room.
Answered on Apr 28, 2016
Dr. Miroslava Fox
15 years experience Clinical Psychology
Yes: Talk to your physician to see if there is a physical basis for anxiety, work on finding out what makes you anxious. Try to establish daily routine to bring some predictability in your day; practice deep breathing, relaxation/ guided imagery (you can find scripts on the web); you can work with a therapist to help you guide through the process. Consider medication, if symptoms become overwhelming.
Answered on Apr 28, 2016