On my mri of head and neck, it was noted that i ve empty Sella, what are the causes of it, i ve only had Ct scans but no injury, or radiation therapy?

Dr. Robert Sterling
44 years experience in Emergency Medicine
GiddyYap,Clyde!!!!!!: Quote:"Empty sella syndrome is where the pituitary gland shrinks or becomes flattened, creating a void in the boney sella turcica("Turkish Saddle")wherein it resides at the base of the brain. ESS can be found in the radiological workup of pituitary disorders,or as an incidental finding." So, it all depends on why they took the MRI, what symptoms you have.I'm sure your doc will discuss it with you
Answered on Jul 2, 2015