it has been 1.5 years since i have been facing trouble to sleep at night. it's not insomnia, but it's more like a fear of death that haunts me. ?

Dr. Rick Barnett
17 years experience Clinical Psychology
Hypnophobia: Fear of falling asleep, hypnophobia, is distressing not only because of the worry but because it interferes with sleep and sleep is crucial to emotional and physical self-regulation. However, it is very treatable. It may take some time, but finding a good psychotherapist skilled in cognitive behavior therapy (or simply a good therapist), possibly combined with medication sparingly, may help.
Answered on Jun 27, 2015
1