Toledo, OH

should i go back to the er? they sent me home two weeks ago with a severe sprain and recently the top of my foot is swollen really bad and feels like pins and needles. and i still cannot bare weight on my foot. help

Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 56 years experience
No more to it: ER doctor always advises to go back to their own doctor , or if they don't have name of a doctor(s) from the panel for follow up care, most likely you forgot about it . Now up to you to go to your own doctor or go back to ER ( no longer emergency after 2 wks and burden over worked guys real reason for over crowding in ER )
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology 23 years experience
See a doctor: Consider follow up with primary doctor, orthopedic doctor, podiatrist, Urgent Care Center or ER
Dr. David Kahan
Podiatry 32 years experience
DONT' GO BACK TO ER!: You definitely need to be seen by a specialist. ie a podiatrist or orthopedist. Not knowing the mechanism of your injury or what you were doing when you injured it, I suspect that when you went to the ER, assuming they took x-rays, did not show any bone problems. A stress fracture may not show up for 10 days after an injury. You need to be re-evaluated and probably new x-rays. Use crutches.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Instead of going: To ER I would go to a foot and ankle specialist. Podiatrist or orthopedist.

Last updated Jun 24, 2015