Canada
A male asked:

They gave me a tetanus "booster" at the hospital. but i never got vaccinated during childhood. is the booster still useful?

Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
Yes it is.: The "tetanus booster" in the US is TdaP, which is for tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (whooping cough), so it is important to get it. I'm not sure what you got and what is the routine in Canada.
Maybe: If you were never ever given a tetanus shot or other vaccines as a kid, you need to contact your doc & arrange follow up. You need someone to monitor your situation/wound and give you the rest of these shots. Tetanus is a dreadful way to die, as are others like diphtheria. Your hospital shot may give temporary protection, but not much.

Last updated Aug 8, 2017