i'm 17 years old and am a bit late going through puberty. my body is one of the skinniest in my grade, however, i have big man boobs. why? (not gyno)

3 doctor answers
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience Infectious Disease
Age 17 is beyond...: ...the age when delayed puberty needs medical evaluation (usually 16). If no evidence of secondary sexual development (pubic, underarm, or facial hair, genital growth, voice change) definitely see your pediatrician. If s/he isn't up to speed on these issues, ask for referral to pediatric endocrinologist or adolescent med specialist. Breast enlargement maybe early sign of normal puberty. Good luck!
Answered on Jun 20, 2015
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
47 years experience Pediatrics
Delayed puberty: You need to see an endocrinologist to examine you &!run tests excluding your hormones, x rays for bone age, skull x Ray &!so on. Good luck
Answered on Jan 2, 2017
2
Dr. Paul Kaplowitz
44 years experience Pediatric Endocrinology
Might be a problem: It is not usual for a teenage boy to have breast tissue but usually they are in mid-late puberty when this occurs and these boys tend to be overweight not thin. In your case I would suggest a consult with a pediatric endocrinologist to make sure your body is not overproducing female hormones
Answered on Apr 3, 2016
1